Mon Nov 18, 2019 • 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Join this important educational session presented by a Commons CO.Starter- Ron Gallegos Jr of Mile High IT Services Ltd.You have heard of the European Union’s GDPR but did you know it has been over a year since Colorado passed HB 18-1128, also known as, Protections for Consumer Data Privacy Act and was signed into law May 29, 2018? If you are operating any size business you are required to take certain precautions to protect your Colorado consumers’ data.
You will learn:
- What are the key responsibilities for businesses required by law.
- Who’s data is affected by the notification requirements.
- What is PII and what constitutes a data breach.
- Steps to take in order to remain complainant.
- 60% of all business close within 6 months after a data breach (yikes!)
Date & Time
Mon Nov 18, 2019
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
The Commons on Champa
1245 Champa Street
More Events at The Commons
SUPERPOWER: Vicki is a seasoned relationship manager who builds authentic, transformational connections and has raised millions of dollars for nonprofits across the United States.
SUPERPOWER: Business Operations l Legal Services l Startup Law
- Date: November 19, 2019 from 9am – 5pm MT
- Location: The Commons on Champa, Denver
SUPERPOWER: Katherine focuses on helping business leaders develop and harness the power of their brand and marketing to increase their company’s presence to drive sales and grow revenue.
Work for Yourself @50+ is a three hour workshop from the AARP Foundation that helps starters over age 50 explore what self-employment looks like in today’s economy and whether it’s something to personally pursue. Registration required.
SUPERPOWER: Accounting And Finance l Human Resources